The weather has definitely changed from summer to fall, and we’re ready for some fall seasonal releases! For those who love local pumpkin beer, it’s that magical time again kids! Bristol Brewing is releasing their coveted Venetucci Pumpkin Ale, and Trinity Brewing is releasing Walloon! Plus, there’s tons of other fun activities to entertain your liver this week!
Howling Creek Pumpkin Porter Release | 11am
Pikes Peak Brewing will be releasing their Howling Creek Pumpkin Porter tomorrow at 11am!
A seasonal twist on PPBC’s popular Bear Creek porter, Howling Creek porter was brewed with cinnamon sticks, roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie spices.
Venetucci Pumpkin Ale Release | 5pm
Bristol Brewing will be releasing this year’s Venetucci Pumpkin ale tomorrow! “This is for those who like the pomp and circumstance of the official release. And for those who would like to have a pint or two. It also doesn’t hurt that you get to watch Mike B. tap a big-arse pumpkin full of ale.”
- Pints will be $6.00 each.
- A limited number of bottles will be available for purchase at $6.99 plus tax per bottle (bottles may not be consumed in the tasting room, though).
- There is a 2-bottle limit per person.
- Growler fills will not be available again this year so that the line will move faster and so there will be more beer to go around.
- If the brewery sells out before you get some, don’t forget to try the liquor store. They’ll have some, too!
Test Taps at Fieldhouse Brewing Company | Strawberry-Lime Blonde Ale
As usual, Niki and Travis at Fieldhouse will be tapping a one-time-only beer this Wednesday! Word on the street is that this week’s beer has a nice lime-citrus flavor up front with a subtle strawberry finish. If waiting in lines for pumpkin beer isn’t your thing, head down the street and check these guys out!
Brew Brothers of Pikes Peak October Meeting | Smiling Toad Brewery | 6pm
I know many of you either are a part of the Brew Brothers, or at least know of them. They’ll be having their October members’ meeting at Smiling Toad Brewery this Wednesday! Special for the event, Biff and Fred will be releasing Senor Luna, their pumpkin ale aged on chilies. Even if you’re not a part of the club, or if you’re interested in joining, head to Smiling Toad tomorrow night!
Walloon Release at Trinity Brewing | Noon
Wallon Harvest Saison and several Harvest beers from across the state will be available at Trinity Brewing.
Farmhouse Walloon, Saison d’jardin.
Inspired by the ancient and more authentic Saisons of southern Belgium. We gather the ingredients for this recipe from our own small Eco-region, and strictly only use ingredients from local farms and gardens. Each year we use a number of unique pumpkins and squashes along with a number of unpredictable ingredients that arrive with harvest to create the creamy and very drinkable indigenous interpretation of this Belgian style. Voted in the top 15 Saisons in the world in 2009 on ratebeer. 5.0% ABV; Availability: Rare
Here’s the tap list for today’s Harvest Beer tapping!
- Avery Brewing Co: Gored Pumpkin Ale
- Dogfish Head: Punkin Ale
- Dry Dock: Imperial Pumpkin
- Elysian: Night Owl Pumpkin
- Left Hand: Jalapeño Cream Ale
- Odell: Jaunt Pale Ale with Riesling grapes
- Upslope: Pumpkin Ale
- Trinity: Emma’s Pumpkin, Farmhouse Blue, Farmhouse Red, Walloon, Houdini Hopper, Wild Apple Saison, De Lon Farmhouse saison
Ska Brewing Dinner at Judge Baldwin’s | 7pm
Head down to Judge Baldwin’s on Saturday to learn more about craft beer while you enjoy five locally sourced courses paired with award winning beers from Ska Brewing from Durango!
Judge Baldwin’s is creating a menu just for this night! Cost is only $40.00/person, call 955-6216 to make your reservation today!
Seating is limited!
The Haunted Brew Fest will feature over 150 beers from 50 of the best breweries around the region, food from 3 Margaritas, Ernie’s Smokin’ BBQ, live music, and live broadcasts from a number of radio stations.
Attractions will include:
- Ghouls Gulch & Sanitarium Haunted house award winning cast and characters,
- A visit from Colorado Springs All Girl Paranormal Society known as the official investigation team for the Briar Hurst manor and seen on Lifetime’s “My Ghost Story Caught On Camera” and the upcoming reality show “Paranormal Encounters.
- Psychic medium Trenny Simmons, who appeared on Katie Couric last fall, will give a free group reading to all who want to participate.
- A car show of modified hearses by the Pikes Peak Hearse Association of Colorado Springs and the Denver Hearse Association.
- Live performance by Kory Brunson Band
- America’s Got Talent finalist and BMX sensation James McGraw will perform BMX stunts inside the Brew Fest event center.
Admission is $25 for general admission and $55 for VIP, with both tickets including unlimited beer samplings and food sold separately.