Boulder, CO • May 21, 2014—There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a cold craft brewed beer on a hot summer day. Small and independent craft brewers have a selection of refreshing craft beers to help you overcome the sweltering heat. Showcasing the ingenuity of craft brewers, CraftBeer.com—the Brewers Association (BA) website for beer lovers—released its list of summer seasonal craft beers produced by BA members.
“Summer is such an exciting time to be a craft beer lover in the U.S.,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and Brewers Association craft beer program director. “Today we are amidst an explosion of seasonally inspired, full-flavored, rewarding and refreshing offerings from 2,800 small and independent craft brewers. Summer seasonals are all about exploration and getting in touch with different craft beers from unique breweries.”
Many of the summer seasonal craft beers featured on CraftBeer.com include summery ingredients such as grapefruit, banana, orange, pear, wheat malt and innovative hops that lend zesty citrus flavors perfect for the summer.
Cool off with some of these fresh offerings:
- Ale Syndicate Brewers | Levee (Belgo-American ale) | Chicago, IL
- Base Camp Brewing Company | Lost Meridian Wit | Portland, OR
- Bear Republic Brewing Company | Café Racer 15 (Imperial IPA) | Sonoma County, CA
- Bell’s Brewery, Inc. | Bell’s Oberon Ale (wheat ale) | Comstock/Kalamazoo, MI
- Blackstone Brewing Company® | Picnic® (English-style pale ale) | Nashville, TN
- Boulder Beer Company | Hoopla Pale Ale | Boulder, CO
- Brewery Ommegang | Cooperstown Ale (blonde ale) | Cooperstown, NY
- Heavy Seas Beer | Red Sky At Night (saison) | Baltimore, MD
- Lake Placid Pub & Brewery | Leaping Cow Ale (English-style ESB) | Lake Placid, NY
- Newburyport Brewing Company | Plum Island Belgian White | Newburyport, MA
- New Holland Brewing Co. | White Hatter (Belgian-style WPA) | Holland, MI
- Santa Fe Brewing Company | Freestyle Pilsner | Santa Fe, NM
- Stone Brewing Co. | Stone Saison | San Diego, CA
- Tin Roof Brewing Company | Watermelon Wheat | Baton Rouge, LA
- Tröegs Brewing Company | Sunshine Pils | Hershey, PA
Read CraftBeer.com’s “Summer Immersion: Craft Beer’s Summer Seasonals” for craft beer summer seasonal selections and descriptions, and to round out the experience consider a tour at your local craft brewery.