Denver, Colo. – February 9th, 2016 – Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project is excited to announce the first big release of 2017 and the launch of their 750ml cork and cage line up of specialty sour barrel-aged beers. First up for Crooked Stave is Nightmare in Brett Raspberry, just announced as Ratebeer.com’s top 50 beers released in 2016 with a perfect 100 rating.
Big plans for Valentines day? Why not spend it with Crooked Stave who has planned releases at retail stores across the state of Colorado, including 14 unique event tappings and a big kick off in their taproom at 3350 Brighton Blvd.
The Crooked Stave taproom event “Be My Valentine” will be the official release of Nightmare on Brett Raspberry, which the brewery aged with over 3,000 lbs of whole fruit raspberries from the 2016 harvest. Beer release festivities will be starting at 5:00pm MST at the 3350 Brighton Blvd Taproom, event details include:
- 2016 Nightmare on Brett Raspberry Release, 750ml cork and cage bottles (4 Bottle Limit)
- Special drawing for the opportunity to purchase a single 1.5L Magnum of 2016 Nightmare on Brett Raspberry (30 Bottles Available, – Subject to change – One entry per person)
- 2016 Nightmare on Brett Raspberry on draught
- 2015 Vintage Nightmare on Brett Raspberry on draught
- First time release of 750ml cork and cage bottles of Nightmare on Brett aged in Leopold Bros Whiskey Barrels
- Vintage Nightmare on Brett 375ml bottles being pulled from the cellar including some 2013 Dark Origins Raspberry, 2013 Dark Origins Blackberry, 2015 Nightmare on Brett Raspberry, and other varieties to be determined…
- Local Denver chocolatiers chocolate pairings:
Temper Chocolates custom Truffles
- Dark ganache, raspberry pickled mustard seeds with a white chocolate shell.
- Foie gras ganache with a milk chocolate shell.
Chocolate Lab custom Truffles
- Nightmare on Brett chocolate truffle
- Dark chocolate truffle with raspberry gastrique, topped w/ Urfa chili pepper
*Chocolates available to enjoy as a pairing with the beer and purchase separately at time of beer release.
Can’t make it to the taproom for the release, join us at one of the 14 specialty tapping events around the State:
- First Drafts – Denver RiNo
- Hops & Pie – Denver Tennyson
- World of Beer – Cherry Creek Location
- Jakes Brew Bar – Downtown Littleton
- Barrels and Bottles – Golden
- Stapleton Tap House – Stapleton Denver
- Parry’s Pizza – Highlands Ranch Location
- Parry’s Pizza – Northglenn Location
- Revivial Brews – Evergreen
- Backcountry Pizza – Boulder Location
- Parry’s Pizza – Longmont Location
- Choice City – Fort Collins
- Brues Ale House – Pueblo
- Cerberus Brew Pub – Colorado Springs
- Kenosha Steakhouse – Breckenridge
About Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project
Founded in Denver, CO in late 2010 as an artisan beer project, Crooked Stave is the culmination of brewmaster and “Brettanomyces Guru” Chad Yakobson’s open source Master’s research, The Brettanomyces Project. Crooked Stave’s progressive approach to brewing blends science and art through creativity and passion. The resulting creations, most of which use Brettanomyces yeasts and mature in oak, are beers of extraordinary complexity.